Saturday, May 24, 2008

Resting

After 2 1/2 weeks of going non stop, I am finally sitting on the couch without any nagging tasks on my list, listening to the sounds of my husband and my brother snoring. I don't think I have ever enjoyed that sound before. My brother called a few days ago and asked if he could get a ride to Knoxville could we come pick him up. He had a late night drive to Knoxville last night, and Kris and I picked him up early this morning. We have some fun things planned for the weekend before we have to take him back to Knoxville on Monday. I'm very excited to have him here.


My new job at Barrett Firearms is going well. Since starting, my time actually in the office has been limited due to rep training, tradeshows, and rifle matches. I am really enjoying the new job; many aspects will be challenging in a good way, but the amount of time it takes to get acclimated is frustrating to me. I wish there was some way I could just skip that step. For those of you that aren't familiar with Barrett Firearms, they are the manufacturing of .50 BMG rifles that are mainly used by the US and ally militaries. These rifles can be owned by normal people to, and they are used for long range shooting and competitions. These rifles can be shot accurately to 2400 meters. I hoping that I will be get the opportunity to go these matches as well. You can check out more at www.barrettrifles.com

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Where are all the pictures of you and your wonderful friends? Great to see you. Wonderful to just be together again.