Saturday, March 7, 2009

74 days later

I have a new friend of a friend over right now that told me the most amazing thing. She reads my blog! (when there is actually something to read). So we all know how the holidays get to us, and January and February are always so busy in my industry with trade and sales shows. And of course February is filled with umpteen dozen family & friend birthdays. So here I am again, 74 days later.

For those of you that try to keep up with me, I have been to Salt Lake City, Orlando, Louisville, Park City, KY and Cancun in the last 2 months and am packing up for another business trip soon. I have turned 29 (or how my friend Ashley put it, had my first 29th birthday), started scrapbooking again, and finally managed to surprise Kris with a gift. I can never surprise him, but I finally got him this time.

Kris has a unicorn: a FN PS90 which in my opinion is a ridiculous gun, but Kris has always been in love with it. You can see it here and decide for yourself. Numerous times he has saved up enough money to buy it, but then would decide he wanted something else...like his motorcycle, or a varmint hunt, or an Audi. Finally, I was able to track down a green one, which of course is much cooler looking than the black one. I bought it the day before my birthday and hid it at Aaron & Ashley's.

The next day we stopped by Aaron & Ashley's to pick them up for my birthday extravaganza, and they had 2 presents wrapped for me. The first one were some really awesome Franco Sarto boots. Love them. Kris looked at the second gift and said "Aaron if I didn't know any better, I'd say you bought my wife a gun." I opened up the gift and there was the FN PS90 box. Aaron, Ashley and I were all staring at Kris and he was just staring at the box. I have never seen him so stunned, speechless, awestruck...he couldn't figure out what was going on. I finally said to him, "well are you going to open it?"

"But it's your birthday" he said.

"I bought it for you though."

"But I'm confused!"

He finally opened the box and was so excited to finally have his unicorn. After he could finally speak, he said his first thought was Aaron had found the graphic design of the box and created a box to look like it. Then he thought somehow I had gotten an empty box from a friends gun shop just to mess with him. Until I told him to open the box, he didn't actually believe it was a real gun. He was just like a little kid with his favorite toy.

3 comments:

Dallas MOPS said...

That is a crazy looking gun, but what a fun surprise for Kris. I am not sure I am nice enough to buy my husband a gun on MY birthday. You are one in a million!

Hope you birthday was really great. Do we get to hear more about Cancun? Pictures maybe. I need something to warm me up here -- it is supposed to snow tonight.

Anonymous said...

Ok, that was me. Apparently I forgot to log out of my other job. -- Alysun

Choco Girl said...

That was really cute!