Thursday, March 12, 2009

Need some sunshine?

Sitting here in rainy, dreary Germany is making me long for the sunshine, warm sand, and the sound of the ocean. Hopefully this will spread some warmth to all of us!


At the Mayan ruins of Coba with Mom and Dad.


Kris and I climbed the pyramid. It is the second tallest pyramid in the Latin America, the tallest being the Jaguar temple in Guatemala. I'm sure that pyramid has a better name, but you get the jest of it. This is only about 1/3 of the way up to the top and I already needed a rest.

We made it to the top! Now the hard part....going down. If I had known I wouldn't have been able to walk without pain for the next 3 days, I might not have climbed it. But there was an amazing view of the surrounding jungle from the top.

This is the view from our room. I couldn't get enough of it. Luckily the bugs weren't too bad this time of year because we kept our balcony door open the whole time.
We went to Xel Ha one day, which is a natural water park place. There was everything from tubing down the river threw the mangle (those pictures are still on underwater camera) to snorkeling, and dolphin encounters which was really fun to watch. Kris found some great cliffs to dive and flip off of. Mom went boogie boarding for her 62nd birthday. Yes I did just say that number out loud. That's Dad in the background. He needs more practice at this.
Back to reality. We arrived home late at night right as it started to snow and woke up to this! Well I guess the vacation is over! The only thing better is if we were completely snowed in for 2 more days to rest after a great trip.



1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Oh, those pictures are peer bliss. It looks like SO much fun especially at this time of year.